Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ralph the Elf

So, we had a little elf show up on the shelf this morning. They named him Ralph - short for Red Elf. I have to admit he is a cutie patootie. Evelyn was a true believer from the start, but Owen is quite the skeptic. For a solid hour he asked every question imaginable about elves. I was about to go crazy. I finally had to tell him I don't have all the answers. In fact, he is still asking me questions as I write this. I warned his teacher this morning, and sure enough, he continued with the inquiries all thru school. The cutest part happened this morning when both kids stood on the chairs with their christmas lists and held them in front of Ralph. Evelyn read her list very clearly. She is convinced he is looking at her wherever she goes. Owen thinks he is an old toy that Daddy got out of the attic. I guess we will see their reaction when they find him tomorrow morning!

1 comment: